University & Non-Profit Research on Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) for MS
National Multiple Sclerosis Society pages on HSCT:
- “Bone Marrow Stem Cell Transplant – HSCT”
- Scroll down for Latest News and Research Reports on HSCT
- “Stem Cells in MS” (a more general page on stem cell & MS research)
Northwestern University (Mar 2015): “Stem Cell Therapy Shows Promise for MS Patients.”
Ottawa Hospital (Jun 2016): “Can a new immune system halt MS and allow repair?”
News Articles on HSCT for MS:
- Vox. (Jan 15, 2019): “A remarkable new study shows stem cells can reverse MS in some patients.”
- Vox. (June 9, 2016): “This isn’t hype: Canadian doctors just reversed severe MS using stem cells.”
- MS Connection.org. (Aug 2014): “Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation: An Interview with Dr. Richard Burt.”
- Daily Mail (Feb 2017): “‘My £43,000 stem cell therapy in Mexico has transformed me’: MS left BBC war correspondent Caroline Wyatt struggling to walk or even think clearly, but now she has hope”
- Multiple Sclerosis News Today. (Aug 2016): “HSCT as MS Therapy: An American’s Tale.
- Karen Staman’s personal blog: “My Journey to Chicago to Get HSCT for MS.
- Ottawa Citizen. (Aug 2018): “Running Man: In less than a year, MS patient goes from barely crawling to running a marathon.”
Older HSCT Fundraisers:
- “Help Alex Beat Multiple Sclerosis” on YouCaring
- Chris Selzer’s blog on his HSCT journey
- See also Nadine Shapiro’s video on getting HSCT for MS:
Published Research Articles:
See also: PDF copies of published research studies on bone marrow stem cell transplantation (or HSCT) for MS. Link will re-direct to a Google Drive folder.